Sunday, March 11

Sunday

What is Sunday for?

Rest.  Easy answer.  Worship.  Also fairly obvious.

OK...how?  What does resting the whole day look like?  How do I worship God for a whole day?

Sad, isn't it?  But these are the thoughts that often run through my head.  We, as a church, as a fellowship in the Spirit, as Christ's chosen Bride, often forget that Sunday is the Lord's day, His special gift to us.  It's not something we need to observe strictly, with rules on what we can and cannot do.  It's a reminder...our Savior has set us free, and we owe Him our life.  It's not a boring day of restriction; it's a celebration!!  It's an invitation from our Father to spend devoted time with Him, not going our own way, but just taking some time to ourselves, or with others, to be in His Presence.  To listen to Him.  To worship Him.  To rest in His arms.  To be with Him.

How can I resist that?

13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath 
   and from doing as you please on my holy day, 
if you call the Sabbath a delight 
   and the LORD’s holy day honorable, 
and if you honor it by not going your own way 
   and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, 
14 then you will find your joy in the LORD.
                           --Isaiah 58:13-14, NIV

13-14If you watch your step on the Sabbath 
   and don't use my holy day for personal advantage,
If you treat the Sabbath as a day of joy, 
   God's holy day as a celebration,
If you honor it by refusing 'business as usual,' 
   making money, running here and there—
Then you'll be free to enjoy God!
                           --Isaiah 58:13-14, MSG

P.S.  Hey, amazing readers, what do you think about me maybe sharing some songs or poems or whatever that I've written on here sometime?  Maybe on another page or in a blog post or something?  If no one mentions it in the comments, then I'll have my answer. ;) Have a wonderful day, blessed by Him! <3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to read things you've written! :D

♥Godsgirlz1♥ said...

Hi I'm ♥Godsgirlz1♥,
I have a blog over at godsgirlz1.wordpress.com You have a very cool blog here.

Nicole said...

Aw, thanks girls! ;) And, Godsgirlz1, I love your blog! Thanks for pointing me in that direction. ;D