Wednesday, April 18

childlike

via Google Images
Sometimes I just want to be a kid again.

A little girl, who doesn't feel the need to tell her brother not to put a dripping wet cutting board into the cabinet as "clean", who hasn't yet learned to default to directing her brothers around carelessly. A little lady who is not yet desensitized to the ways of this world, who is utterly repulsed at the irreverent misuse of God's holy Name. A young child who enjoys running around outside in the sun with her little friends, who isn't worried about that guy who just tagged her to be 'it' - isn't worried about what he thinks of her, her clothes or her hair.

Who loves life. Who worships God in surrender, with abandon.


Does anyone else here long for that? Long to be childlike, as Jesus commanded? Wouldn't that be amazing? Don't you love it when you just laugh with your siblings, family, friends - just being enthralled with the joy of pure life?


I love life, this forgiven, free live He has given me. I hope I can learn again to enjoy it as much as Jesus does.

"And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
--Mathew 18:3-4

p.s. A big, huge thanks to Emma Margaret, who designed the current theme for the blog! :) You can visit her blog here or order a blog design from her here. Thanks, Emma!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could be like that again. When I was little I didn't worry about anything and I trusted easier and was a more positive girl. I want to be like a little kid in Jesus' lap. :)

emii said...

Yesyesyes I SO get that, Nicole! Jesus help me, please...

Nicole said...

Mmm, I love that, Therese...I want to be like a little kid in Jesus' lap. :) Thanks, girls...

Christa said...

Man, I know what you mean about wanting to be a kid again. I was arguing my brother just last night and it made me think, "When did me and Josh stop being best friends who did everything together?". I've gotten so much meaner in my ripe old age of 13!